Sunday, February 15, 2015

The weather is grand

The weather here has been unseasonably warm. Yesterday it was nearly 60 degrees and sunny...
Why haven't I posted lately? I've been outside gardening, of course!! (and going to the flower show)

Speaking of the flower show, I made quite a haul......lots of oriental lilies, 3 new oriental poppies, and a black iris. All planted in their new homes, thanks to the good weather.

I've also added some peonies and a couple of daylilies (thanks Costco!), a double decker Echinacea (also Costco), a dwarf frost peach tree, a gogi berry, some currants, and possibly some gooseberries today.

The weather is supposed to hold out for at least another week, and I'll be home with a doggie that has stitches, so I'm sure I'll get some more done.....either in the yard, or with my glass.


You just gotta love this time of year, the plants are going crazy.....

We also got a couple of loads of dirt to fill the potato bin and the squash boxes.
We'll be wrapping that up today.

Now I just need to make my garden wish list for projects to do this summer and keep up with the planting.....not much. At least we don't have any more big projects like building fencing and the like. They're all small, like building trellises, fixing the grape arbor and refining the planting plan. This is the fun part.

No comments:

Post a Comment