Sunday, July 12, 2015

it's raining.....

it's not necessarily pouring, but it IS nice not to have to water for once.

The heat wave has FINALLY broken and it's much cooler~ YEAH!!
We just don't do hot well here at all......

I was able to get caught up with my planting yesterday. Just a couple left that need homes. The clearance rack had been good to me this week, 5 peonies, 3 clematis and a couple of other goodies from the big box chain. ( I've been watching those peonies for a while) The markdowns are really kicking in now because they can't keep things alive in the heat. Love it!

We also took on an art project.......
Last week, I bought this trampoline frame from craigslist for $25.
I had a plan......

We beat it up, and bent it...
and then welded a bit.....
Today, we're scrubbing and painting (if it doesn't rain).....soon, finish project installed. Trust me, it's gonna be cool.

I'll leave you with some pics.....my "edith bogue" magnolia is blooming......Many, many years ago I went on a search for this one. It took a LONG time to find it, but I was SO worth it.....The flowers are about 12" across, and smell like lemons.

just some more, because I can.







next year....more martagons and lillees, more fancy daylilies, just more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment