Sunday, December 6, 2015

mosaic bowling balls

who knew??

A couple of months ago, I joined a mosaic group on facebook. Little did I know, it would change my mosaic outlook altogether. I have learned SO much from this talented group of people, and my mad nipping skills have gotten 1000 percent better. (since I never did it before). It has helped me cut glass more accurately and precisely, and I have a boatload of projects in mind right now.

The most current one is the hummingbird bubbler/ fountain.....I worked on it a bit this week because it was raining, and I'll probably do some more today too. I find that mosaics are best done in "bits". Work on it for a while, step away, let it simmer, work on it some more. Gives a good perspective.


 
When this is done, it will go out in the "to be grouted" collection. I'll do a bunch of things one of these days. Grouting is a messy, time-consuming project, so it's best done it batches.
 
Next up, I'm thinking about doing a bowling ball fairy house.....why not?
I have lots of ideas and a bunch of things set back to be projects, so I won't be bored.
 
P.S. bought flower show tickets this week too...Can you say "spring fever?"

No comments:

Post a Comment