Sunday, February 16, 2014

Rain, rain, go AWAY!!!

It's just been raining like mad here, like, boat building rain.....I think I heard on the news that we'll get somewhere between 6 and 12 inches, just this week!

Needless to say, when you add the 50 mph winds, there's not much happening around here. Everything is living in a puddle, and I can hardly wait to see what survives.

My spring fever has not retreated a bit, though......this week at the nursery brought a new tree peony, some bare root grapes, a half price daylily, some checkered lilies, and a couple of packages of bulbs for half price.

The bare root stuff is starting to arrive at the nurseries, so I've been on the lookout.....bare  root plants are a great deal if you can get them into the ground fast enough. In a couple of years, they're just as big as anything else, and just as nice, for about a quarter of the price.

This week.......the hunt for new stuff continues, and, if it STOPS RAINING, I'll go out and plant what I've got stacked up in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment