Sunday, March 2, 2014

ok, spring....any time now

This week, they're predicting snow again....really? snow? again?
I don't think it's happening here, though....way too warm, so it'll just be rain, rain, and more rain.....

I really need to get out and plant the strawberry fill ins I bought for the tower, the two bush raspberries I couldn't resist, and a couple of other things, but I think it's going to be a bit too wet.

The fence seems to be deterring the deer in the back yard for now.....they were out there all week (ate my tree peony, the bums),  but didn't make it into the back so far.

The new acquisitions this week were, a white carnation for the moon garden, some really cool pink and lime green daylilies from Costco, another pole apple, two raspberry shortcakes for the garden, some primrose arculata I couldn't resist and a black iris from edeilweiss perennials. The stuff from edelweiss is quite nice and healthy. I highly recommend them.

Hopefully, we'll be able to get the canopy off the truck today so that we can go get some dirt.. It's much cheaper to go get it (like, half the price), than it is to have delivered. This will be the first of many dirt trips, I'm sure. I'll use this one to top off the garden beds, plant the rapsberries, and start working more dirt into the back. Eventually we'll switch to bark mulch to help with less watering, and keeping the dirt in place.

The good news is, there is some hope.....
I'll have daffodils any day, lots of them....

There's just something happy about these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment