Sunday, April 27, 2014

Reclaiming my realestate

this week, it was all about digging, and weeding, and digging some more. The weather was OK in the beginning, and psychotic at the end of the week.
I'm working on weeding all the stuff I had to let grow over the winter to keep the dirt in place, and making progress, if I do say so myself.

This week promises more psycho weather....welcome to the pacific nw in spring.....and nearly 80 degrees by the end of the week.

The clearance rack was a bit of a blowout this week, nothing at the big boxes, but I did discover that fred meyer has started one too, and I got a nice Spanish lavender and an armeria for half price.

We also went to the arboretum plant sale in seattle. That's usually a pretty good one, with lots of rare and unusual plants to be found. I got a poppy "patty's plum", another primrose arculata, a white "whirling butterflies" for the moon garden, a chocolate scabiosa, and another chocolate annual that will easily reseed.

Next up, the king county master gardener sale, and fuschia society sale.
Party on!

We also finished up our shitake mushroom plugs and did some oysters too. Still waiting on the lion's mane, but the log is ready.

On the ajenda......possible wood chips for the back, the firepit and patio, a grape arbor, and a little pond (have to find the right pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment