Sunday, July 20, 2014

It's finally cooling off a bit

We just don't do hot here well. By hot, I mean somewhere up there near 90 degrees, which it's been for nearly 2 weeks now. It's finally cooling off and it actually sprinkled a bit yesterday. I'll still have to water today, it just didn't rain quite enough.

The clearance bin is rockin' now. This week, there were 4 daylilies, a red coreopsis, and a fuschia look alike, all for $1.99. I also scored a petite Echinacea, a couple of dark purple daylilies, two Echinacea Cherokee sunset, and some yellow crocrosmia, all on sale or clearance.

Gotta love the clearance rack......here are some of last year's acquisitions.
Echinacea "milk shake", this poor guy was one green leaf and one sad looking flower. Now it's GORGEOUS, with 10-15 huge blooms.


These daylilies didn't have any flowers, just leaves and no ID, but for $3, I think it was worth it. (there's a bunch more, too)

I also had a brilliant idea this week, don't you think a nice pergola would look good in front of the neighbor's door?
We need some height to give interest in the back. I think that would be cool, and also hide the neighbor's house a bit.....just sayin'.
 
I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with how the front is working out. This week, I pulled up the poppies and batchelor buttons that were done and looking crispy, and it revealed all of the great plants. (and the holes)


 
I know, it's a process, and it's amazing how much it's changed since last year. I can hardly wait to see what it looks like NEXT year.


This week, more clearance rack (of course), there's a nursery in Tacoma that's closing down for the season.....gotta go there, and my thoughts are starting to turn to fall bulbs. Fancy daffodils, anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment