Sunday, July 13, 2014

you gotta love the clearance rack

It's super hot here, and things are beginning to wind down for the summer plant-wise. That means that a  lot of garden places have a bunch of stuff half price, or at least marked down.
Today's clearance rack score includes.....

Two $1 sedums, two, one gallon lithodora for $1.99 ea (they mistook them for annuals), a coreopsis, a nice red grass, 3 daylilies, one pink, one black, and one purple, a marked down 7 up plant, a marked down yellow crocrosmia "George Davidson", and my one full-price splurge, an Echinacea "green jewel".

I won't plant these until it cools down a bit at the end of the week, but it means being out there every day to water them.

A lot of the daylilies are in full bloom, and they're beautiful (at least the ones the deer haven't eaten).
I did go to Costco and get some irish spring soap. It's supposed to repel deer because they don't like the strong smell. Heck, I don't like the strong smell. I'll let you know how THAT little science experiment goes as soon as I get them put out.

Some more great blooms for everyone's viewing pleasure....



No comments:

Post a Comment