Sunday, September 14, 2014

ok, really, we're ready for fall

It was nice when it rained for a day, it really was, but now the weather is back to nearly 90 degrees again, and that's just not making the garden happy. I thought I was done with watering......

This week, not much on the clearance front....a nice rudebeckia from home depot and a corepsis and a pineapple lily from the clearance rack at safeway. I did get a couple of packages of daffs (too early to plant), and some more iris from someone who was giving away some named varieties for just the cost of shipping. I can hardly wait until next spring to see what the iris row looks like!

I'm working on saving a bunch of seeds, too. Some sunflowers and some of the coneflowers, not to mention the poppies. 

Some pics from the garden.....
nicotiana "chocolate smoke".
 
colchium (I think giganteum)
 
An artichoke that went to bloom.....

and the bananas are going crazy!
 
I SO want one to bloom......maybe next year...

So, onward and upward....Already making a wish list for next year and a project list for the winter. We'll just see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment