Sunday, November 2, 2014

still going.....

so, here we are at the first of November already.......It hasn't frozen here yet, although it usually does, and the garden is still hanging in there!




I know, it's all looking pretty scraggly....but, it's hanging in there.

This week, the clearance rack brought me a fuzzy kiwi, a daylily "roaring 20s", and a couple of wooly thyme. Pickins are slim, but there are still a few interesting things to be had. I might just have to go back for that half price ITOH peony I saw at the nursery. Even at half price, it's still a bit spendy, but it was HUGE.

Looks like the holidays are happening here, so, we'll be doing a bunch of little things on the house. Next week, we'll be cutting a hole in the floor to remove the bubble that's come apart. I think if we cut out the bumped up spot, fill the space with something, and put a rug over it, it'll work for now. The new flooring is going to take 4-6 weeks to arrive, and then it has to acclimate here for at least 2 weeks. I'm not going there until after Christmas......probably sometime in February. I'll be glad when it's done, just not looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment