Sunday, February 24, 2013

flower show, crummy weather, and the start of a great collection

The big event this week was the seattle flower show. Love, love, love the flower show. It always gives me the WORST case of spring fever, and then you come home, and it snows a week later......

This one was no exception, and a raging spring fever has taken over. I'm starting to collect, dig, beg, borrow, buy, all kinds of plants for my acre of dirt.

This is my collection so far......most of the pots you see there are my tree peonies, moved and replanted from the other house. I go over there every once in a while, just to see what's coming up. There's some pretty cool stuff over there that I've collected over the years, and for the most part, it's coming with me. Just gotta find it. I've already collected most of the bush peonies, some of the oriental poppies, and the daylillies will be next. Before you think that I'm totally ruining the yard over there, I paid for it, and mostly, I'm dividing what is a bit overgrown, and leaving some behind. After all, most of those started from small root cuttings anyway......

The garbage cans are not for garbage, they're for potatoes!!! If you've never grown potatoes in a garbage can, I highly recommend it. Ours are started now,  and by the end of summer, there could be up to 100 lbs in each of those 3 cans.....gotta love that.

This week, dirt guy has PROMISED that he'll stop by to get the scoop. We SO need to get the dirt thing going. I can't even make a temporary holding bed for plants until the dirt is done. ARGH~~

So. following me home from the flower show.....2 deep red peonies (*bush), a cool green primrose, a gentian (think giant blue flowers), a green envy coneflower, and a serious case of spring fever.

Fingers crossed we can get our dirt thing done this week and get the greenhouse up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment