Sunday, January 26, 2014

taking it easy today

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day and I spent it painting....and painting.....and painting.
I know it doesn't look like much, but it's the first coat of primer (there's only going to be one). The next step will be do it all over again with the same green that's the house color. One more thing (halfway) off the list.
When the paint job is done, we'll root out the sun and moon collection and put them all up. It's not happening today, that's for sure. After a whole day up and down the ladder, I think I need a nap.

Today, we're planting these guys.....


two bare root trees, a combo plum, and a combo pear, both dwarf. They'll go in the back where, hopefully, they'll be a bit protected from the deer, since the bulk of the fence is done. I plan on planting the rest of my goodies today and maybe doing a bit of weeding, just for fun.

It's coming along....spring is springing, the garden show is in 2 weeks, and things are popping up all over. It's fun to go out and clean up, only to see the tiniest bits of peonies, bleeding hearts, daffodils and other perennials starting to grow. Makes me think it's going to work out....

No comments:

Post a Comment