Sunday, August 10, 2014

clearance rack score~

It's been unbearably hot here, so the nurseries are dumping plants right and left so they don't have to take care of them. I don't mind.
This week, the major score was at Freddies. I scored a really cool sedum, and a Euconomis *pineapple lilly, that were originally $14.99, for $4.99. Of course I had to go back and check it out again, and I came home with a white plant for the moon garden, a campanula that looks great, and a purple rain verbena that just needs some love.

The rack at lowes coughed up a couple of nice perennial lobelias (hummingbirds love them), and home depot had a mystery Echinacea. At the local nursery, another specialty Echinacea that just needed some love.

I'll be headed back to depot this morning to check out a couple of grasses that I saw there yesterday.
Ya never know.....

The guy at the farmers market had some pretty cool irises that followed me home. He told me that he has 1,500 varieties at his house. Must be spectacular in the spring. Seems I'm working on giving him a run for his money. I'm expecting an order this week of iris and a fancy day lily.

I'm also starting to think about fall bulbs and keeping my eyes peeled at Costco for their bags of bulbs. You can't beat the price, and they do have some really cool ones if you know what to look for.
I've had really good luck this year with plants bought at Costco, and I can hardly wait for next spring.

I'll leave with some clearance rack scores.....and a couple from last year that are just outdoing themselves.



 
ps, the bananas love this heat, they're going crazy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment