Sunday, August 24, 2014

just working away

I know, every week I say it's winding down...but I keep finding more stuff! This week it was a nice sedum, purple emperor, a spiderwort, a perennial lobelia, some coreopsis, some nice iris from the farmers market, and more bulbs from Costco, daffodils and fritillaria.

It really IS winding down, though, and fall bulbs are turning up in all the stores. It's hard to resist them, but I'm trying to be discriminating, because I have a "few"  ordered too.

The front is looking really good. I love how big these grasses got.

 
and the Echinacea are thriving

 
The back doesn't look too shabby either. I've added some stepping stones to the pergola and planted the musk rambler roses that I ordered.
 
Some of the clearance items are behaving nicely too......

 
The week after next will be vacation again. The plan is to work on the grape arbor, and maybe some of the fencing in the front. I have a theory that if we put a short fence in the front along the deer path, it might redirect them around the tasty plants. They're really quite lazy, you know. Either way, I think it'll be a good addition.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment