Sunday, August 31, 2014

labor day, ALREADY!!!

Wow, that summer flew by....here it is labor day already and the rainy season has begun. (of course, it's a holiday). The nurseries are starting their clearance sales, although, there's not much left to clearance......

This week, a new Echinacea and another different sedum, some bulbs from Costco to add to the collection, and a couple of the last irises from the farmers market. We're off to another clearance sale today, and I'll keep looking until there's nothing left.

I did make a great yard sale score for $10. This is one of those frost-free ones, and they originally cost about $50-75. I think I'm going to put it out by the white garden with some sedums in it.
 
We're on a bit of vacation this week, so some projects will get completed. First up is the grape arbor. The poor grapes have no where to go right now, and they need a home. Next, we're planning on putting a picket fence along the front property line. I think if we can re-route the deer, it might help with the munching....we'll see. Can't hurt.
 
Some projects we're planning for the winter....drip irrigation in the veggie garden, a couple more raised beds for pumpkins and potatoes, and who knows WHAT else.
 
I'm also planning on working some glass mosaics over the winter. I've decided the back yard theme will be glass, and there's plenty to go around. I'm looking at yard sales and the like for a clear glass bowl to make a solar lighted mushroom. Pics when I find one.
 
Last but not least, a shout out to Costco.....
These are all things that came from there last spring, in their bag'o plants. Worked out pretty well, I'd say. I'll most definitely be checking them out again next spring!


 
 
oh, one more thing.....it must be fall, the colchium are blooming!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment